I'm typing with one hand, chicken-pecking with my left index finger on my iPhone. Baby is asleep at my breast. Her warm body snug against mine. I'm so darn happy. Tears come to my eyes just typing this.
Here's my quick update in bullets
- Rosie is twelve weeks old. Hard to believe. She's a different baby now. No longer a new born. She's awesome. Only cries only when she's tired or startled. Last night I knocked over a lamp in her room while she was sleeping and she freaked.
- She weighs 14 pounds now. Gaining weight like a champ.
- Breast feeding is going well. Only trouble is that my let-down is too strong. She gasps and sputters. Oh and she won't take a bottle anymore.
- I'm freaked about going back to work in September.
- Looking for child care is confusing and makes me want to cry
- Mr Jem is an amazing father. Except when he's tired and or sick.
- I've lost all but 5 lbs of my pregnancy weight. I still have 20 lbs of infertility treatment weight to lose.
- I shower (almost) every day. Today Mr Jem watching Rosie meant that I even put on makeup.
- We had a party last Saturday to introduce Rosie to friends and family. We also had a Jewish baby-naming ceremony in the back yard. Gave Rosie her Hebrew name.
- Being a mom is more amazingly wonderful than I foresaw.
Sorry for being off-line for so long. Forgive typos. iPhone format difficult.